ScenicView recommends aeration of your lawn on an annual basis to improve the overall health and well being of your lawn. The aeration process of your lawn consists of removing small soil cores of your lawn to allow air, moisture and fertilizer to the root of your lawn. This should be done in the spring or fall when your lawn needs it the most.
Benefits of Core Aeration
- Allows oxygen, water, fertilizer and other nutrients to reach the root of your lawn
- Reduces soil compaction caused by foot traffic or hard Wisconsin clay
- Reduces the layer of grass stems, roots, clippings and debris that build on the surface of your soil. This is known as thatch.
- Reduces water run-off on slopes of hills by trapping the water and allowing it to be absorbed into the soil faster.
- Improves turfgrass plants, including the depth and extent of turfgrass rooting. Hence, will save money on your water bill.